Thursday, March 12, 2009


I created this piece on a light blue 8x12 construction paper i found waiting for me on my desk at school.. there was a stack of them, all in assorted colors, and i felt it was DESTINED for me to find them. lol As you can tell from a number of pieces below, I try to use a variety of different foundation colors to experiment with temperatures. I constantly run back and forth to Michael's or Aaron Bros to buy large pieces of thick paper, ride them back home on my bike, and by the time I get back home, the paper is either wet from rain, wrinkled from the ride, or permanently 'curved'.. It was always a huge project for me to start another scenery on BIG paper, so I wouldnt attempt them all the time. Now you see why it was Destined to find these papers. It only took me about an hour and a half because of its smaller size, unlike the usual 'week-long project', and it was small enough to be scanned!.. I was motivated, and was able to put all my ideas of colors on paper quickly..
I will be making a series of these, (or until I run out of colored construction paper). I'll probably be going back to the Art store to buy construction paper instead, no more warped and rounded paper!!.. =]

8x12, Oil Pastels on Light Blue Paper

E-mail me Here This is where you can contact me about pricing and any other inquiries.